-
February 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM
#1
Junior Hostboard Member
Hi guys,
I have a pair of 815 cabinets and I want to Know for which speaker type those cabinets are made?
Thanks
Spiros
-
February 5th, 2005, 04:09 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
515's & 416's - but they must all be, as I recall, with 15" frames.
-
February 5th, 2005, 04:24 AM
#3
Junior Hostboard Member
Thanks Todd
I heard that those cabinets was original fitted with 411s here in Sweden!Is it possible that?
Can you make them to go deeper in the bass region with same modifications?
Spiros
-
February 5th, 2005, 04:35 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Jim Dickinson can tell you more, but the 815 had a sealed rear chamber, as I remember, so, yes, the 411 would probably like that.
Personally, I like the 817 much better - it has venting and horn loading, so you get the best of bot worlds.
-
February 5th, 2005, 04:57 AM
#5
Junior Hostboard Member
Thanks Todd
Maybe Jim read this post!
Iam thinking to enlarge the cabinets and make them somthing like VOTT, with one horn-part and one space f?r bass-reflex!515Gs are preferred!
Spiros
-
February 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
#6
Inactive Member
The Anaheim spec sheet calls for the 515B or 421A woofers but I have run all kinds of woofers including 418s and 416s which, by the way, sound fantastic in there. Also, the 16" frame fits fine.
-
February 14th, 2005, 09:19 AM
#7
Junior Hostboard Member
Thanks thevott
It will be 515G?s for me and then some modifications to pump up the bas region!
I will report you the results!
Spiros
-
February 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I have and still use a pair of 815,s that were purchased new in 1977 and 16in frames not only fit fine, that is what came with them, 421-8LF 16in frame woofers!
I also agree with Todd about the 817, which i also have, the venting gives a nice low end sound, while still having horn loading! The 816A is also a fav of mine.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks